text
stringlengths
15
499
[03:23] <thumper> right
[03:23] <thumper> lifeless: so format 2 will still be development for 1.17?
[03:23] <lifeless> its released and supported
[03:24] <lifeless> we don't anticipate format changes
[03:24] <lifeless> its just not polished enough to change it to default
[03:24] <lifeless> (remaining critical bugs, missing network delta support, ..)
[03:24] <thumper> lifeless: is the absent content factory one fixed?
[03:26] <lifeless> the one with send is not yet examined
[03:26] <lifeless> (ACF is hopelessly generic)
[03:26] * thumper nods
[03:26] <lifeless> its like 'the segfault bug with evolution'
[04:37] * thumper wills himself to continue writing the boring branch
[04:39] <wgrant> What's the boring branch?
[04:41] <thumper> accessing the revision cache
[04:41] <thumper> it'll give us faster counts of recent revisions and revision authors
[04:41] <thumper> and make the revision feeds not time out
[04:41] <thumper> but it is boring work
[06:31] <wgrant> Ah, good to see an attempt at Slashdotting prevention.
[06:32] <wgrant> How big will the new tree be, given the lack of history?
[06:34] <lifeless> do you mean disk size?
[06:35] <wgrant> Yes.
[06:35] <lifeless> there's still a bunch of code:P - fairly sizable
[06:35] <lifeless> I'm not sure of the exact size
[06:37] <thumper> wgrant: I can't really tell you that right now :)
[09:30] <thumper> bigjools: want to fix your broken build?
[09:30] <bigjools> thumper: you speak in forked tongue
[09:31] <thumper> :)
[09:31] <thumper> bigjools: I have something I want to land :)
[09:32] <bigjools> thumper: hassle IS :)
[09:32] <thumper> why?
[09:32] <thumper> why is it their problem?
[09:32] <bigjools> what are you talking about, exactly?
[09:32] <thumper> heh
[09:33] <thumper> http://buildbot.devpad.info/builders/lp/builds/477/steps/shell_7/logs/summary
[09:33] <bigjools> oh bollocks
[09:39] <bigjools> thumper: did you notice it broken for very long? I didn't get any emails
[09:40] <thumper> I think it finished just over an hour ago
[09:40] <thumper> but I've only just sat down after dinner and kids in bed
[09:40] <bigjools> jeez, I landed it about 12 hours ago
[09:40] <thumper> working until Chuck starts
[09:40] <thumper> bigjools: the dev builder is still the slow one
[09:40] <thumper> that should get fixed
[09:40] <bigjools> seriously
=== mrevell is now known as mrevell-lunch
=== mrevell-lunch is now known as mrevell
=== henninge_ is now known as henninge
[13:12] <jtv> mthaddon, can you help me with some very easy QA?
[07:56] <jtv> hey noodles775
[07:56] <noodles775> Hi jtv :)
[10:25] <noodles775> bigjools: have you heard or do you know why edge has not been updated since Friday?
[10:25] <bigjools> yes
[10:25] <bigjools> updates were stopped for a security patch
[10:25] <bigjools> but didn't get re-enabled
[10:26] <noodles775> bigjools: so there's no reason why it can't be re-enabled now, or even have edge updated right now?
[10:26] <noodles775> If not I'll ask on IS...
[10:29] <bigjools> noodles775: I'm on it
[10:30] <wgrant> spm suggested a few hours ago that the XSS fixes weren't in stable yet.
[10:35] <bigjools> they are in stable
=== flacoste_lunch is now known as flacoste
=== fjlacoste is now known as flacoste
[00:04] <joey> I just started the stub for 4.0. https://dev.launchpad.net/VersionFourDotO
[00:04] <joey> for the community members on channel
[00:04] <wgrant> Aha.
[00:05] <wgrant> Is there a definite timeline for 3.0 yet?
[00:05] <joey> kfogel's been handling that (I've been off on temporary assignment)
[00:05] <joey> I saw something today in passing which seems to indicate it's gotten more solid but I haven't seen anything yet
[00:06] <joey> i.e. official
[00:06] <wgrant> OK.
[00:06] <joey> The anticipation is building though so I am hopeful we'll see something really soon now. ;-)
[00:07] <wgrant> I think the anticipation is more for the open-sourcing, though.
[00:07] <joey> and we're running out of July :-)
[00:07] <joey> yes! That's what I meant.
[00:07] <joey> anticipation and excitement
[00:08] <wgrant> July is no deadline any more...
[00:12] <wgrant> Why aren't the team hierarchies on the dev wiki consistent? Registry's test plans live at 'Registry Team/Registry Test Plans', Soyuz at 'Soyuz Test Plan', Code at 'Code Team Test Plans', Translations at 'Translations/Test Plans', and a few other variants for the other teams.
[00:21] <joey> wgrant: they were organic I think. I certainly didn't prescribe what it should be, only that there should be test plans. :-)
[00:21] <joey> wgrant: I'll pass it on to matsubara and ursinha. Maybe they might tackle the inconsistency.
[00:22] <joey> ok, I'm going to bugger off for the day
[00:22] <joey> have a good one
[00:22] <wgrant> joey: Thanks.
[00:22] <wgrant> You too.
[13:21] <jtv> danilos: https://pastebin.canonical.com/19696/
[13:22] <danilos> jtv: thanks
[14:36] <danilos> jtv: I've emailed you the RT number if it doesn't get done by the end of the week
[14:36] <jtv> danilos: as if I don't have enough trouble getting losa attention :)
[14:37] <jtv> danilos: branch just landed on devel btw
[14:37] <danilos> jtv: to be honest, who doesn't? note that Tom is on vacation this week, which means it's harder for everyone, especially with him being the most responsive of them all IME :)
[14:37] <danilos> jtv: this is for bzr commit stuff, right?
[14:38] <jtv> danilos: I wouldn't know, I rarely start work that early. :)
[14:38] <jtv> danilos: for that and other QA.
[14:38] <danilos> well, Tom would usually show up in a few hours from now
[14:39] <jtv> danilos: in my language you're saying "just before midnight." :)
[14:40] <danilos> jtv: so, have you started on the bzr commit QA? (you'll get other QA done I know, but this one probably requires a few hours of constant presence with a LOSA which is harder for you)
[14:40] <jtv> danilos: just did a bit of preparation. Not so sure it requires constant LOSA attention though.
[14:41] <danilos> jtv: I didn't say constant LOSA attention, I said it requires you being constantly there when you've got LOSA at hand
[14:41] <jtv> ah ok
[14:41] <jtv> well, I'm working on it. :)
[14:43] <danilos> jtv: btw, has bug 383610 landed?
[14:43] <ubot3> Malone bug 383610 in rosetta "Message-sharing migration script allows duplicate TranslationMessages" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/383610
[14:44] <jtv> danilos: yes