english stringlengths 2 1.48k | non_english stringlengths 1 1.45k | language stringclasses 49 values |
|---|---|---|
Every step in the experiment was deliberate. | 该实验的每一步都是经过深思熟虑的。 | en-zh |
When you leave the bathroom, you should wash your hands. | 离开厕所前应该洗手。 | en-zh |
From the time he got up, his beliefs began to sway. | 从那时起,他的信仰开始摇动了。 | en-zh |
They guarantee this clock can be used for a year. | 他們保證這個時鐘可用一年。 | en-zh |
The workflow is illustrated in the following chart. | 下面的图标显示了这个流程图 | en-zh |
There’s a saying that goes, "Fortune always comes in pairs." But there’s another saying that says, "Fortune comes, but never in pairs, while misfortune always does." | 俗話說:雙喜臨門;可俗話又說:福無雙進,禍不單行! | en-zh |
When you go to play at a friend's house, you need to be well behaved and obedient. | 你去朋友家玩要守規矩,要聽話。 | en-zh |
Reactionary groups were overthrown by the people. | 反动派被人民所推翻。 | en-zh |
She probably can get along well with her mother-in-law. | 她应该能跟我奶奶相处得来。 | en-zh |
If you're not a loser by nature, then people won't trust you. | 如果你没有尝试过失败的角色,那么人们也就不会相信你。 | en-zh |
College is the time to enjoy yourself to the fullest! | 大学生活就是你尽量享受自己的时候! | en-zh |
I often use SSH to remotely connect to my computer. | 我经常使用SSH来远程连接到我的电脑。 | en-zh |
You've invited your friends as well? | 你也邀请你的朋友了吗? | en-zh |
Person of the future: "The calendar of this Unix machine that the ancients built only goes up to January 19, 2038. As such, I am convinced that this marks the day of the Earth's destruction." | 未来的人类:“古代文明人所创造的这台Unix机器、它的历法只到2038年1月19日这一天就为止了,因此我确信那一天必将是地球灭亡之日。” | en-zh |
But, of course, hindsight is 20-20. | 但是,当然啦,事后诸葛亮总是好当。 | en-zh |
Most of us have, to some extent, experienced being caught in a cycle like this one: Facing the browser, you hit, like you always do, Ctrl-T to open a new tab, type in the first letter of the website you always visit, and hit "enter"... just to see if anything new has happened. | 我们中的许多人多多少少都经历过这样的循环:面对着浏览器,习惯性地Ctrl-T打开一个新的标签页,敲下常去网址的首字母然后回车,只为了看看有没有啥新鲜事发生。 | en-zh |
The reform of the Chinese healthcare system is an acknowledgement of its failure. | 中国的医疗改革,公认是失败的。 | en-zh |
According to one study, Amazon's sales go down by 1% for every 100-millisecond lag in its loading times. | 有研究称,打开速度每慢100毫秒,Amazon 的销售额就下降1%。 | en-zh |
A user should have freedom with respect to both hardware and software. An operating system should be open, not closed. | 用户应该拥有硬件和软件的使用自由,操作系统应该是开放的,而不是封闭的。 | en-zh |
There isn't a place in this market that isn't lively. | 市场上到处都很热闹。 | en-zh |
I think we'd better sing that English song! | 我們不如唱那首英語歌吧! | en-zh |
That's a no-entry zone. | 那一帶是禁區。 | en-zh |
That area's off-limits. | 那一帶是禁區。 | en-zh |
Wouldn't it be better if we went and got a coffee? | 咱們不如去喝杯咖啡? | en-zh |
His success is due more to his persistent hard work than to his talent. | 他的成功來自他不斷的努力多於來自他的才能。 | en-zh |
Unexpectedly, I struck fortune. | 意料之外,收获颇丰。 | en-zh |
The taller the tree, the more likely it is to be struck by lightning. | 树高遭雷击。 | en-zh |
I'm someone ambitious - someone who knows very well what she is after. | 我是有志向的人——清楚自己的目標。 | en-zh |
The more precise the calculations, the stronger the friendship. | 算帳愈是精確, 友誼愈是堅定。 | en-zh |
It hurts to see Mary suffer so. | 看到玛丽那样痛苦我很难过。 | en-zh |
In reality, translation is akin to working for peanuts, since the corresponding meaning of something in one language is often hidden in some deep and impenetrable recesses of the other. As a result, the translator is forced to search all over... Never mind that the picky reader is very difficult to fool. | 翻译其实是一件吃力不讨好的事,因为一种语言在另一种语言中的对应物藏在往往隐藏在深不可测之处,翻译者需要百般寻觅,而且,挑剔的读者很难糊弄。 | en-zh |
All of my wife's relatives are my in-laws. | 我太太的所有親戚都是我的姻親。 | en-zh |
He commands the respect of a king. | 他尊貴如國王。 | en-zh |
An ounce of wit that is bought is worse a pound that is taught. | 花代价所换来的一点才智,抵过别人传授的数倍不止。 | en-zh |
One must have conviction in law, or its existence will be superficial only. | 法律必须被信仰,否则形同虚设。 | en-zh |
I like eating melons from Hami. | 我爱吃哈密瓜。 | en-zh |
Whether he studies or goes into business, I won't stop him. | 不管他是上学还是做生意,我不会反对。 | en-zh |
Come from India. | 从印度来。 | en-zh |
They like the beautiful stars and moon. | 他们喜欢美丽的星星和月亮。 | en-zh |
We should classify them before throwing them out. | 我们在扔掉之前得分类。 | en-zh |
He's at the post office sending a package to a friend. | 他在邮局给朋友寄包裹。 | en-zh |
They're at the bar drinking. | 他们在酒吧喝酒。 | en-zh |
They're at the bar drinking beer. | 他们在酒吧喝酒。 | en-zh |
I wish everyone luck in the coming year, as well as success in their work and studies. | 祝各位来年好运,学习事业成功。 | en-zh |
We've got to wait for them to finish playing - there's still a while to go! | 要等它踢完啊,有一点时间啦! | en-zh |
Just what time period is "Hong Fan" a product of? Although people have debated this issue for ages, there is still no clear consensus to this day. | 《洪范》到底是什么时代的作品, 千百年来人们见仁见智, 至今仍无定论。 | en-zh |
Yes, there are. How many of you are there, Sir? | 有的,先生你有几位? | en-zh |
I've had black rice congee thrice in one day! | 我一天吃了三次黑米粥! | en-zh |
Do you study Mandarin there? | 你在那裡學中文嗎? | en-zh |
How many years have you studied Mandarin for? | 你学了几年的汉语? | en-zh |
He's a specialist in economics. | 他是经济学的专家。 | en-zh |
Don't argue with an idiot, or else people might not be sure which of you is really the idiot. | 不要同一個傻瓜爭辯、否則別人會搞不清到底誰是傻瓜。 | en-zh |
No hobby is as cheap as reading, nor provides such long lasting enjoyment. | 没有任何娱乐像阅读这般廉价,也没有任何愉悦像阅读这般持久。 | en-zh |
Don't give me that crap! | 不要唬我了! | en-zh |
There isn't a single thing here that isn't spicy. | 这儿连空气都有辣味儿 | en-zh |
Whether you like it or not, we have to do it that way. | 不管你想不想,我们必要那样做。 | en-zh |
Many people can't, and do not want to, make the effort to understand others. | 许多人不能而且不想去理解别人。 | en-zh |
It would appear that you're wrong. | 你似乎错了。 | en-zh |
She'll cry even when no one is looking. | 没人盯着她的时候,她甚至会哭。 | en-zh |
I was entirely bummed out by the results. | 我對結果十分失望。 | en-zh |
I hope that you give this book a read. | 我希望你讀讀這本書。 | en-zh |
I'm out of it. | 我在发呆。 | en-zh |
You yourself belong to this group of people that you're talking about - the one that doesn't speak standard Mandarin well. | 你说普通话不好的包括你自己。 | en-zh |
It's spring everywhere in the motherland. | 祖国到处是春天 | en-zh |
If you used the time you spent complaining practicing your basketball, then maybe you would have stopped complaining a long time ago. | 如果你把你抱怨的时间用在练习篮球上,你或许早已不必抱怨。 | en-zh |
Worries are like ghosts - those who aren't afraid of them can't suffer at their hands. | 忧愁就像魔鬼一样,它伤害不了不害怕它的人。 | en-zh |
How's it going lately? | 最近过的如何? | en-zh |
You've been well lately? | 最近还好么? | en-zh |
How've ya' been lately? | 最近咋样? | en-zh |
I'm discussing something with my friends at the moment. Wait a bit and I'll get back to you. | 我在和朋友谈事,等会和你联系。 | en-zh |
Idiot... You got water in your brain or something? | 白痴,你脑子进水了? | en-zh |
Funny... Someone just added the sentence that I mentioned to you this afternoon. | 好巧,我下午和你说过的一句话,刚才有人添加了。 | en-zh |
Today I take your hand so that we may grow old together. | 执子之手,与子偕老。 | en-zh |
"What you said is wrong." "Then what should I say?" | “你说得不对” “那怎么说呢?” | en-zh |
I'm all washed up. | 我洗好了。 | en-zh |
What time does class start for you tomorrow? | 你明天几点上课? | en-zh |
There are four seasons in a year, and the one I like most is summer. How about you? | 一年四季,我最喜欢夏天,你呢? | en-zh |
I've got my college interview tomorrow. Hopefully I'll pass. | 明天就要去入学面试了,希望可以通过。 | en-zh |
In that case we should start by having a family meeting. | 那么首先我们应该召开一次家庭会议。 | en-zh |
From what stems this contradiction between our hopes and our reality? | 希望与现实之间的矛盾,因何而起? | en-zh |
There's a big difference between reading for pleasure and stimulation and reading for knowledge and education. | 为享受和生命激活而读书,和为知识和教化而读书,是两码事。 | en-zh |
True understanding requires the greatest of wisdoms. | 非上上智,无了了心。 | en-zh |
Thankfully nothing unfortunate happened. | 幸好没有发生什么不愉快的事。 | en-zh |
What did you have this evening? | 你今天晚上吃了什么? | en-zh |
As far as she goes, yea, she does have those few faults, but it's just those faults of hers that make me like her even more. | 她的话是有那么几个缺点,但就是因为这些缺点,我更喜欢她了。 | en-zh |
Japanese anime these days is becoming more and more like pornography. | 现在的日本动画片越来越色情了! | en-zh |
Did anyone go to sing with me tomorrow? | 明天有人要陪我去唱歌嗎? | en-zh |
He let out the secret regarding this matter. | 在这点上他泄露了秘密。 | en-zh |
Because families in Shanghai today have only one son or daughter, the head of the family places a strong emphasis on their childs studying. | 因为现在上海家家都是独生子女,家长对小孩的读书非常重视。 | en-zh |
Seeing as they're poor, they've no choice but to work their hardest. | 由于贫穷,他们不得不拼命工作。 | en-zh |
I will call you in a while. | 我稍後會打電話給你。 | en-zh |
Does your salary get put on your pay card on a monthly basis? | 您的工资是每个月打入您的工资卡吗? | en-zh |
She grew even more worried. | 她更着急了。 | en-zh |
There are times in everyone's life when you want to live alone. | 人都会有想要独处的时候。 | en-zh |
Now there is some left over. | 现在有剩余。 | en-zh |
The weather is quite pleasantly cool. | 天气挺凉爽。 | en-zh |
I don't know when spring will come and when the flowers will bloom. It was still snowing this morning. | 不知何时春暖花开, 今天早晨还下雪了。 | en-zh |
Today may be April Fool's Day, but your prank went overboard. Seriously, I'm pretty angry! | 虽然今天是愚人节,但是你的玩笑开得太过分了,我真的很生气! | en-zh |
So that's what it is. | 原来如此。 | en-zh |
That person's so stingy that he won't even let the mouse have the chaff. | 那个人那么小气,连谷壳都不让老鼠吃。 | en-zh |
Subsets and Splits
No community queries yet
The top public SQL queries from the community will appear here once available.